Repeated Firefox Crashes

Jonathan Ryshpan jonrysh at pacbell.net
Thu Mar 14 21:59:26 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-03-14 at 16:18 +1030, William Brown wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-03-13 at 22:45 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> > Firefox, long quite stable, has crashed 3 times today, generally while
> > doing nothing in particular, i.e. running in background.  Has anyone
> > else noticed this?  Could there be some connection with the new version
> > of flash, which was released just yesterday?  From /var/log/yum.log:
> >         Mar 12 23:17:14 Updated:
> >         flash-plugin-11.2.202.275-release.x86_64
>
> Disable the flash plugin (in safemode if you have to) and see if this
> continues.

Just did that, and Firefox crashed after about 10 minutes of use.
So it's not flash.

Further problems (all with flash disabled) at:
        3/13 at 23:19 crash
        3/13 at 23:48 crash
        3/14 at 00:19 froze (didn't respond to keyboard or mouse)
	3/14 at 00:40 crash

And not bad memory, since I haven't had any trouble with other programs,
also ran memtest86+ for a couple of passes without finding anything bad.

jon