F18 on Dell xps13

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Fri Mar 15 16:08:13 UTC 2013

On 03/14/2013 10:58 PM, dave peters wrote:
> Could anyone advise me if there are any serious problems with this
> hardware and F18 ?

I received an XPS 13 yesterday!

So far, I haven't seen any problems from it.  Intel's video is quite
standard, and works as expected.  WiFi is working.  I've set up a few
VMs under Linux KVM with virt-manager.  Media keys all work properly, as
does the OSD.  The touchpad works as expected.  I got around 6 hours of
battery life from it yesterday under use that included periods of heavy
activity (including the CPU, disk and WiFi access required to install
multiple server VMs on an encrypted volume group).  I haven't tried to
use the DisplayPort output or BlueTooth, but the latter is at least
correctly detected on boot.