Creating an rpm from scratch

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Mar 15 16:52:51 UTC 2013

Bill Davidsen wrote:
> I am happy to say the last rpm I had to create was back during 2.5 development
> testing days. Now I would find it convenient to roll another, and I'm hoping
> there's by now a better tool to help create an rpm from scratch, something more
> intuitive than the man page in one window and vi in the other.
>
> Is there?

Sounds like NO, there has been progress in documentation since 2.5 days, but
sounds like it all has to be created by hand in terms of scripts, spec files,
etc. Thanks, but if it hasn't gotten less time consuming in 12-15 years, let it
be someone else's time.

Thanks much for the pointer to better documentation, that has improved.
--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>