Strange file appearing in HOME

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Fri Mar 15 17:32:21 UTC 2013

On 03/15/2013 12:51 PM, Frank McCormick wrote:
> On 03/15/2013 12:32 PM, Bryn M. Reeves wrote:
>> On 03/15/2013 04:28 PM, Frank McCormick wrote:
>>> I have noticed lately on my F18 installation that this file:
>>>
>>> C:\nppdf32Log\debuglog.txt
>>
>> Ask Ubuntu :)
>>
>> http://askubuntu.com/questions/144408/what-is-the-file-c-nppdf32log-debuglog-txt
>>

>>> keeps popping up in my HOME.
>>>
>>> Anybody know the explanation or how to stop it ?
>>
>> It's created by the Adobe Acrobat reader according to the Ubuntu bug.
>> Recent browsers support PDF pretty well without the Adobe plug-in so
>> if you don't need something specific it provides you could just
>> remove it.
>
>    That's going to be my solution.
>
>    Thanks

I recently had a pdf file that Firefox's pdf decoder couldn't read, and
I had to diable the automatic FF-pdf and make it so the Adobe Reader
plugin works. Adobe can read the file. I don not like Okular: it doesn't
tell you how many pages the pdf uses.  You could print what you think
is a 20 page package and find out it's 200 pages!

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers...for they shall be shot at from both sides.  A.M. Greeley