F-18 CDROM problem -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sat Mar 16 12:38:04 UTC 2013

On 16/03/13 08:21, Ed Greshko wrote:
> "Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA" <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> wrote:
>

> [root at box10 bobg]# ls -l /dev | grep cdrom
> crw-rw----+ 1 root cdrom    21,   1 Mar 16  2013 sg1
> brw-rw----. 1 root cdrom    11,   0 Mar 16  2013 sr0
>
> [root at box10 bobg]# mount -t iso9660 -o ro /dev/sg0  /mnt/cdrom
> mount:  /dev/sg0 is not a block device
>
> Read the line again......   sr0 not sg0

Sorry, I just got out of bed when I wrote that response.

mount -t iso9660 -o ro /dev/sr0  /mnt/cdrom

That is better and I can live with mounting it manually, although on the
other computer it brings up an icon on the XFCE desktop when I put the
same disk in it?

I rarely need the optical drive so manually mounting is fine. I had the
"DVD writer" on hand with a mfr date in 2011 and thought I'd install it
in this computer.

Thanks for the help,

Bob

--