XFce configuration

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat Mar 16 18:40:10 UTC 2013

Max Pyziur wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Two non-fatal/small issues relating to XFce.
>
> 1 - How do you configure a shortcut key to bring up the Applications Menu?
> I found some online help, but that didn't work.
>
> 2 - On boot-up, after the scrolling of service messages, and before the
> appearance of the login screen, there was a small, rotating circle, the
> equivalent of the spinning hourglass in Windows and other OS's and applications.
>
> In my F18 installations, it doesn't appear. Is there a way to remedy this?

I don't have a definitive answer, but I do have an educated guess on question
#2. If the drivers used for video have been changed, or different drivers have
been used, you may not be in a video mode where that display is supported. I've
been fighting with a lot of video config issues if fc1[78] upgrades and
installs, what worked in fc16 doesn't (a) always work, and (b) *often* doesn't
get used by fedup, resulting in no video during the update process and after
boot into fc18.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>