How To Adjust Image Options When Setting Desktop Background...

Richard Vickery richard.vickeryrv at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 17:25:03 UTC 2013

On Mar 17, 2013 10:00 AM, "Eddie G. O'Connor Jr." <eoconnor25 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 03/17/2013 11:10 AM, Richard Vickery wrote:
>>

>> On Mar 16, 2013 9:09 PM, "Eddie G. O'Connor Jr." <eoconnor25 at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> > Figured I'd have to re-name the subject line in order to get a
response? Here's the original inquiry again:

>> > I seem to recall someone posting the procedure to "restoring" the
Options for setting a desktop background (Center-Scale-Zoom-Tiles-etc) I
have a friend who's Dell Inspirion laptop was on its last legs, so I
assisted them in installing F18, but the feature for handling the desktop
background is gone...(missing? kidnapped?) Can anyone help with what needs
to be done in order to get it back?

>> > Thanks To All
>> >

>> > EGO II
>> > --
>>
>> I have a Dell Inspirion  1420 and found this feature - in Gnome after
clicking the user in the upper right corner, System Settings --> Background
(all of which is probably redundant as you have probably done this) - then,
with seemingly the same issue you have where there are no buttons, after
days I found that clicking the image is where the access point is.

>> Hope this helps,
>>
>> Richard
>>

> "after days I found that clicking the image is where the access point is"
I'm thinking you mean the actual picture you want to be set as your
background? Yeah, I'm clicking on that and I still get no settings that
will allow me to set whether the background is
Tiled.....Centered.......Fills the screen...Scales to size etc. I wonder if
there's a configuration file that can be altered?....and Thanks for the
reply!!

> EGO II
>

> --

Not the image that you want, yet; click on the image inside the square.
This will give you the options for choosing a new image, and resizing is:

$  gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.background picture-options scaled