service files help needed

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 18:03:09 UTC 2013

Trying to create a service file for yum-updateonboot
(called it yumboot.service)
I use network (NO NM)
No plymouth (or rhgb quiet)

How can I get the output from the following
to appear on the Monitor durin bootup screen.
I mean similar to what is seen when
yum update is typed in console,
and then let booup wait for yum update to finish.
(the info I want on screen is in "journalctl")
but how to for Monitor.

~$ cat /etc/systemd/system/yumboot.service
[Unit]
Description=YUM Updateonboot
After=network.service
Before=desktop.service
ConditionPathExists=/etc/sysconfig/yum-updateonboot

[Service]
Type=oneshot
ExecStart=/usr/bin/yum-updateonboot start

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

~$ systemctl status yumboot.service
yumboot.service - YUM Updateonboot
	  Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/yumboot.service;
enabled) Active: inactive (dead) since Sun 2013-03-17 17:35:33 GMT;
11min ago Main PID: 1066 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
	  CGroup: name=systemd:/system/yumboot.service

--
Regards,
Frank