How To Adjust Image Options When Setting Desktop Background...

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 22:25:45 UTC 2013

On 03/17/2013 04:13 PM, Stephen Morris wrote:
> On 03/18/2013 04:00 AM, Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. wrote:
>> On 03/17/2013 11:10 AM, Richard Vickery wrote:

>>> response? Here's the original inquiry again:

>>> Options for setting a desktop background
>>> (Center-Scale-Zoom-Tiles-etc) I have a friend who's Dell Inspirion
>>> laptop was on its last legs, so I assisted them in installing F18,
>>> but the feature for handling the desktop background is
>>> gone...(missing? kidnapped?) Can anyone help with what needs to be
>>> done in order to get it back?

>>> I have a Dell Inspirion  1420 and found this feature - in Gnome
>>> after clicking the user in the upper right corner, System Settings
>>> --> Background (all of which is probably redundant as you have
>>> probably done this) - then, with seemingly the same issue you have
>>> where there are no buttons, after days I found that clicking the
>>> image is where the access point is.
>>>
>>> Hope this helps,
>>>
>>> Richard
>>>

>> "after days I found that clicking the image is where the access point
>> is" I'm thinking you mean the actual picture you want to be set as
>> your background? Yeah, I'm clicking on that and I still get no
>> settings that will allow me to set whether the background is
>> Tiled.....Centered.......Fills the screen...Scales to size etc. I
>> wonder if there's a configuration file that can be altered?....and
>> Thanks for the reply!!
>>

>> EGO II
>>
> I'm not sure which desktop you are using (Gnome, KDE, etc) but I am
> using KDE and have the desktop configured to folder view in F18 and if
> you right click on the background then select "Folder View Properties"
> from the subsequent dialog, the next dialog displayed defaults to the
> view setting where there is a "positioning" drop down which has all
> the options selectable that you are looking for.
>
> regards,
> Steve

I'm still using the Gnome desktop, (I happen to find it very
appealing...although a lot of folks don't!) And I've just tried
Richard's solution, which I THOUGHT was working, apparently, it's not.
But it's ok. I will continue to check the config files for gnome and see
what I can find. thanks for your help!

EGO II