vim fails on F18 x64

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Mon Mar 18 00:37:53 UTC 2013

On 03/18/13 06:35, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> I have just installed two machines with F18x64, and am having a problem
> with vim.  When I try to execute the software I get
>
> root at CoBl ~]# vim
> Vim: Caught deadly signal SEGV
> Vim: Finished.
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> Have any of you developed a work around for this yet?

[egreshko at f18x ~]$ rpm -q vim-enhanced
vim-enhanced-7.3.712-1.fc18.x86_64

Running just fine here.  How did you install it?

--
>From now on, at least during winter time, Im going to blame all spelling an grammar erros on the cat sitting on my chest  the
 every time I sit down at the computer....

Ed,

As you know he installation gui is quite different.  I installed the
gnome desktop, but could not figure out how to add kde and vim until
after the installation.  I did a yum install vim* in order to get
everything.  I was not sure on the basis of "yum search vim" which ones
were important and which were not important.

How did you install it?

Greg