Installing ngspice 25

Roberto Ragusa mail at robertoragusa.it
Mon Mar 18 10:42:08 UTC 2013

On 03/17/2013 08:36 PM, les wrote:

> That appears to have done it.  But I appear to have overwritten my
> original.  Ok, I'm trying my current simulations to see if everything is
> OK.  One question is how will yum update deal with the change?

You made a mess when overwriting the original.
With a --prefix=/usr/local (or maybe without any prefix) your package would
be completely installed in /usr/local and both version would have been
available to you, as prefix moves everything, not just the binaries
(if the configure script is well done).

Now "rpm -V ngspice" will complain about the damage you have done to
the installed files; it is up to you to cleanup everything.
(rpm -e --justdb and then remove all the stuff you installed manually,
then yum install again)

   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it