How To Adjust Image Options When Setting Desktop Background...

Stephen Morris samorris at netspace.net.au
Mon Mar 18 20:33:50 UTC 2013

On 03/18/2013 09:25 AM, Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. wrote:
> On 03/17/2013 04:13 PM, Stephen Morris wrote:

>>> "after days I found that clicking the image is where the access
>>> point is" I'm thinking you mean the actual picture you want to be
>>> set as your background? Yeah, I'm clicking on that and I still get
>>> no settings that will allow me to set whether the background is
>>> Tiled.....Centered.......Fills the screen...Scales to size etc. I
>>> wonder if there's a configuration file that can be altered?....and
>>> Thanks for the reply!!
>>>

>>> EGO II
>>>
>> I'm not sure which desktop you are using (Gnome, KDE, etc) but I am
>> using KDE and have the desktop configured to folder view in F18 and
>> if you right click on the background then select "Folder View
>> Properties" from the subsequent dialog, the next dialog displayed
>> defaults to the view setting where there is a "positioning" drop down
>> which has all the options selectable that you are looking for.
>>
>> regards,
>> Steve
>>

> I'm still using the Gnome desktop, (I happen to find it very
> appealing...although a lot of folks don't!) And I've just tried
> Richard's solution, which I THOUGHT was working, apparently, it's not.
> But it's ok. I will continue to check the config files for gnome and
> see what I can find. thanks for your help!
>

> EGO II

If you are using Gnome, I read in one of the Australian Magazines a
while ago that the Gnome developers removed a lot of the configuration
options from Gnome 3, and there there was a tool that could be
downloaded that reintroduced a number of them that the magazine
recommended as being the first download that should be done for Gnome 3.
Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the tool and I don't have the
article anymore as I stopped using Gnome the first time I tried it when
I found that I couldn't right click on the desktop and create
application links.

regards,
Steve