Unrelieved black popups and message boxes

Lailah lailahfsf at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 13:41:08 UTC 2013

El sáb, 23-02-2013 a las 09:17 -0500, Temlakos escribió:
> On 02/23/2013 07:23 AM, Lailah wrote:

> > > To answer your questions:
> > >
> > > 1.    KDE
> > >
> > > 2.    I don't know that KDE has more than one theme. I use a
> > > simple theme, with an ever-changing desktop background.
> > >
> > > 3.    I'm a Gnome drop-out. Tried XFCE once; it failed.
> > >
> > > Temlakos
> >

> > It has different themes.  Go to  System Settings => Applications
> > Appearance => Styles.  There you change your windows theme.  Under
> > Colours  you change windows colours.  And it you go to  Workspace
> > Appearance  =>  Window Decoration  and  Desktop Theme,  you can
> > change the look and feel of your plasma desktop.
> >

> > Hope this helps,
> > Lailah
> >
> > PD:  If you are a drop out of Gnome, like me,  may be you would like
> > to try  Cinnamon  and  Mate.
> >

> Just tried changing themes, and fine-tuning, going from very-high CPU
> to high CPU.
>
> No joy. Not only that, but the black popup/new window effect
> manifested itself almost at once after I made the change.
>
> To clear this, I had to log out, then log back in. Naturally I reset
> everything to default:
>
> Theme: Oxygen
>
> Graphics effect: Low screen resolution and very high CPU.
>
> As it happened, I took in another update from Firefox and Thunderbird.
> But the problem affects all applications, and even native KDE
> functions like Kickstart, and all notifications.
>
> Temlakos

Hello!

            Sorry for my lateness but I was making some experiments with
KDE.  It happens to me too, after 2 or 3 hours of use.  Not only pop ups
pr message boxes are black, but every window.  Plasma and wallpaper are
fine.
I'm using KDE 4.9,  Fedora 18 64-bits,  and as somebody say, may be it
is related with Intel chipset, because my netbook is an Intel one.

Is there a bug filed for this issue?

Cheers, thanks
Lailah