Printer setup headache

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 03:40:47 UTC 2013

On 3/18/13, Jim <binarynut at comcast.net> wrote:
> Then why is this same driver crashing on some Fedora installs but not
> others.
> I have talk to Samsung and they don't see any problems.
> I firmly believe it is a problem between  fedora and setup.

Are they running the same version of Fedora?  Your syslog indicates
the crash is happening somewhere in glibc.  There's a chance there's a
regression in glibc (though when the blame lies between some binary
driver and a core system library that's exihibiting no other problems,
I tend to blame the former first).  If you can figure out what version
of glibc breaks it, you could file a bug against glibc and maybe get
it fixed.

A stack trace would be really useful here, but getting one when its a
CUPS filter that's crashing is tricky.  Sadly it seems abrt is
throwing away the coredump because the crashing binary doesn't belong
to a RPM package.  :-(

-T.C.