I want Fedora in my future, but is it possible?

Jorge Martínez López jorgeml at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 19:13:51 UTC 2013

Hi!

2013/3/19 Peter Gueckel <pgueckel at gmail.com>:
> I have been looking at smartphones and tablets (I presently own
> neither, due to outrageous monthly fees and lengthy contracts), as
> I am starting to feel that I no longer want to do without mobility.
>
> However, how does Fedora fit into this? Is there a way to put
> Fedora onto a tablet or smartphone?

AFAIK, not at the moment.

> Ubuntu offers an intriguing compromise, for users of an Android
> phone. Hook up a keyboard and monitor and run Ubuntu, so you don't
> exactly have your full system in your hand, but you _do_ have it in
> your pocket. Pretty cool, but it's not KDE-Fedora!
>
> How do you go about it?

Well, that's the direction that Ubuntu is taking. I am not sure if
enough developers will embrace it so enough good quality mobile
applications are available compared to other platforms.

The way I see it Fedora is pushing to be the best desktop environment.
If this same desktop experience can be ported to a tablet or a mobile
is something that we have yet to see. Just because you can do it it
doesn't mean it is a good idea.

Greetings,
--
Jorge Martínez López <jorgeml at gmail.com> http://www.jorgeml.net