I want Fedora in my future, but is it possible?

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 19:52:23 UTC 2013

On 03/19/2013 03:07 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 19.03.2013 19:38, schrieb Peter Gueckel:
>> I have been looking at smartphones and tablets (I presently own
>> neither, due to outrageous monthly fees and lengthy contracts), as
>> I am starting to feel that I no longer want to do without mobility.
>>
>> However, how does Fedora fit into this? Is there a way to put
>> Fedora onto a tablet or smartphone?
>>
>> Ubuntu offers an intriguing compromise, for users of an Android
>> phone. Hook up a keyboard and monitor and run Ubuntu, so you don't
>> exactly have your full system in your hand, but you _do_ have it in
>> your pocket. Pretty cool, but it's not KDE-Fedora!
>>
>> How do you go about it?
> this direction is completly wrong
> a smartphone is not the same as a desktop-computer
>
> terrible enough that these days way too much developers
> designing interfaces while optimize them for phones and
> tablets which is plain stupid
>
> yes - i use a Galaxy S3
> but i would not come to this train: everywhere the same

Did you know that a consensus is rapidly developing that the present
environment, with desktops (or mini-towers) and laptops dominating, will
give place totally to The Cloud, where all data will reside, and you
will access it using a smartphone with the occasional auxiliary keyboard
and screen? And print to the nearest wireless print server? What advice
will you have for the worker in a multinational or Fortune 100
enterprise that decides to build a private Cloud and expects its workers
to maintain all data on The Cloud and work with it using smartphones and
tablets, to the exclusion of mini-towers and laptops?

By now you are wondering, I'm sure, /Was is los/? Here is an article by
Jason Perlow at ZDNet, outlining the new Cloud-ed future:

http://www.zdnet.com/cloud-haters-you-too-will-be-assimilated-7000012059/

Temlakos