I want Fedora in my future, but is it possible?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Mar 19 20:34:01 UTC 2013

Allegedly, on or about 19 March 2013, Temlakos sent:
> Did you know that a consensus is rapidly developing that the present
> environment, with desktops (or mini-towers) and laptops dominating,
> will give place totally to The Cloud, where all data will reside, and
> you will access it using a smartphone with the occasional auxiliary
> keyboard and screen? And print to the nearest wireless print server?
> What advice will you have for the worker in a multinational or Fortune
> 100 enterprise that decides to build a private Cloud and expects its
> workers to maintain all data on The Cloud and work with it using
> smartphones and tablets, to the exclusion of mini-towers and laptops?

I'm inclined to think that once you're locked into that scenario, you're
also going to be locked into proprietary software.  Just about the whole
basis of cloud computing is *making* *you* *pay* for every damn thing
that you do (access, store, use, etc.).

It's taking vendor lock-in to the max.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.7.9-104.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Sun Feb 24 19:19:12 UTC 2013 x86_64

public lists.

My apologies for not including a virus with this message, but I don't
use Windows.