I want Fedora in my future, but is it possible?

Richard Vickery richard.vickeryrv at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 21:16:14 UTC 2013

On Mar 19, 2013 2:00 PM, "Reindl Harald" <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 19.03.2013 21:43, schrieb Richard Vickery:
> >
> > On Mar 19, 2013 1:28 PM, "Reindl Harald" <h.reindl at thelounge.net<mailto:
h.reindl at thelounge.net>> wrote:

> >> *bruhahahaha*
> >>
> >> some stupid people really believe this
> >>
> >> as the same people believed in a lot of "the next big thing"
> >> hypes over the last 10 years like SOAP and nothing happened
> >>
> >> this may be a usecase for the typical homeuser which does
> >> mostly not more like webbrowsing and write some mails or
> >> view vidoes, hear music
> >>
> >> this WILL NEVER happen for real work and business cases
> >> IF it would happen there then the cloud is a "private cloud"
> >> and nothing would replace my workstation because i would be
> >> the guy to implement this cloud which unlikely happens
> >> from a tablet or mobile phone
> >>
> >> NEVER EVER will somebody store critical data in the cloud
> >> and if he does we will hear only a last *bang* from this
> >> guy after some bad news what went wrong
> >>
> > Reindl:
> >
> > I believe the best way to build a network team of contributers who are
not paid is through synergy. Laughing at
> > some of us and using words like "stupid" to describe really smart and
intelligent people goes a long way in killing
> > this goal and driving them, good and bad, away, and dividing us.
>
> whoever takes the "stupid" in this case targeted to itself must
> have a good reason to do so - i am living in a IT based
> BUSINESS world, and no serious business will outsource
> all it's IT "to the cloud", not now and not in the future
>
> no serious business is allowed to to so for legal reasons
>
> yes, you can build your "private could", well if i would
> take the buzzword "cloud" serious am still in my "private could"
> called VMware vSphere, but this doe snot replace WORKSTATIONS
>

> --

It is very easy for people, especially new people who have just joined, to
get offended when these two words are used in the same email and using
such, and then defending use, is also a slippery slope to the combatant use
of profane language, neither of which I think we really want to end up
with. Remember that, through text, or email, there are no verbal, nor
visual, cures as to the meaning behind the message.