I want Fedora in my future, but is it possible?

Peter Gueckel pgueckel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 23:26:28 UTC 2013

Peter Gueckel wrote:

> I have been looking at smartphones and tablets...
>
> How does Fedora fit into this? Is there a way to put
> Fedora onto a tablet or smartphone?
>
> Ubuntu offers an intriguing compromise, for users of an Android
> phone.
>
> How do you go about it?

Good grief! I had no idea that this would result in such a heated
exchange :-)

As some have pointed out, the smartphone is a computer. Also, many
users are giving up their desktop and laptop computers for
smartphones and, sometimes, an additional tablet.

Given this development, does Fedora have anything to offer them?

So far in the discussion, the answer appears to be that it doesn't.

Given this development, who will be using Fedora, if it cannot be
used on the devices people nowadays are purchasing and using?