I want Fedora in my future, but is it possible?

Matthew J. Roth mroth at imminc.com
Wed Mar 20 17:32:11 UTC 2013

Olav Vitters wrote:

> Would be lovely if you'd (Harald Reindl) be booted off this mailing list,
> but still: whatever.

Harald may be a little rough around the edges, but he consistently makes helpful
and informative posts.  In balance, this mailing list would be much worse off
without his presence.

In this case, I also happen to agree with him.  Just because tablets and
smartphones are en vogue at the moment doesn't mean that there isn't a place for
more traditional form factors in the future.  With so many different
distributions, I don't see any reason why any of them should be trying to be one
size fits all.  I know I certainly don't want to be using a tablet to do my day-
to-day development and server administration tasks.

It's all Linux, so there is no need for an "us vs. them" mentality between
distributions.  If one is more suited for servers, another for desktops, and
another for tablets/smartphones then so be it.  After all, the Unix philosophy
is to "do one thing and do it well".

Regards,

Matthew Roth
InterMedia Marketing Solutions