Creating an rpm from scratch

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Mar 21 00:26:19 UTC 2013

Jared K. Smith wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 12:52 PM, Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> wrote:
>> Sounds like NO, there has been progress in documentation since 2.5 days, but
>> sounds like it all has to be created by hand in terms of scripts, spec
>> files, etc. Thanks, but if it hasn't gotten less time consuming in 12-15
>> years, let it be someone else's time.
>
> Have you looked at the Packager's Guide in the Fedora Docs?  It's
> still in draft status, but seems to be a very nice modern refresh of
> the RPM documentation.
> https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora_Draft_Documentation/0.1/html/Packagers_Guide/index.html

Thank you, I confess that I generally assume Draft Documentation is more
intended to be read by those who know the topic and can catch technical errors.
I will take a look, since the nice tool which made the process easy seems not
readily available. For one group, I confess I probably would do as well to build
static binaries independent of their shortcomings.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>