I want Fedora in my future, but is it possible?

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Thu Mar 21 02:13:22 UTC 2013

On 03/20/2013 01:53 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> what you guys not realize is the simple fact that currently

Seriously, Reindl.  Slow down.

We realize.  We totally do.

What you don't realize is that we're not telling you what you should
use.  You can use whatever you want.  If you don't want to carry your PC
with you, then don't.  You'll get along, just like you do now.  However,
I look forward to the availability of highly mobile PCs which dock into
whatever form factor is most convenient for me at any given time.  I
think that's fantastic.

You get to choose what works best for you, and so does everyone else.
Large parts of the industry expects PCs in the future to be more mobile,
just like desktop PCs are smaller than mini-computers, which were
smaller than mainframes.  It's hard to look at the history of computing
and disagree.  It's hard to look at modern sales and disagree.  I'm
convinced, and I look forward to it.  Computers have gotten smaller and
better with each decade, and another generation of shrinking is just as
welcome as the last one.