hibernate with keystroke?

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Thu Mar 21 02:22:55 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have been trying to get to hibernate using a single keystroke. So,
here is what i tried:

put pm-hibernate in my sudo. Checked this by using:

sudo pm-hibernate

This works without a hitch.

Then I keyed in ctrl-f12 to be equivalent to sudo pm-hibernate.
(also tried sudo /usr/sbin/pm-hibernate).

Tried this, but this does not work. Pretty much nothing happens.

I am quite confident that there is nothing wrong with the syntax because
I replaced it with (say) slock and it locks the screen just fine.

What should I be doing here?

Alternatively, what is the command that is executed when I go through
gnome-logout and then press hibernate? I would just like to mimic that,
I guess.

Many thanks for any help/suggestions!

Best wishes,
Ranjan

--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
deleted on receipt. For those needing to send personal or professional