Poor quality watching Quicktime movies on F18 [SOLVED]

Andre Costa blueser at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 16:10:23 UTC 2013

Some follow up on this: found on this
thread<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1064095/comments/8>that
setting

CLUTTER_VBLANK=none

makes it a *whole* lot better. In fact, AFAICS the problem is gone -- even
if NVidia driver is still set to sync to vblank. Other performance problems
which were also very noticeable on GNOME 3.6 (eg. moving windows around)
are also gone.

Not sure if this is a GNOME or a NVidia bug (or both), will dive deeper
into it later.

Regards,

Andre