I want Fedora in my future, but is it possible?

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 18:38:59 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 8:29 PM, Gilboa Davara <gilboad at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 10:27 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>> NEVER EVER will somebody store critical data in the cloud
>> and if he does we will hear only a last *bang* from this
>> guy after some bad news what went wrong
>
> First, *Never* say never.
> Second, I'd suggest you open your eyes and look around you.
>
> As much as I dislike the "cloud-movement", It's here, it's now, and
> huge companies throw billions at it.
> ... Now, you may think that this, like previous stupid ideas (can you
> say, Java computer?) will dissipate in a year or two - but given the
> huge number of people I know, that have *zero* information stored on
> their laptops, and use their ipad/andoird to access all the business
> information remotely, I beg to differ.
>
> Sadly enough, most people use computers to consume and not produce,
> and out of those who do produce, a large majority only needs a
> browser.
>
> - Gilboa

I should add that you're making a distinction between a "cloud" and
"private cloud" - which, given the context of the OP is completely
irrelevant. A long as you can access and go-about-your-daily business
using a browser (as opposed to using a locally installed software), a
mobile device such as a tablet (with or w/o a keyboard) is more than
enough.

BTW, I do agree that Fedora should *not* follow Ubuntu's footsteps and
go smart-phone happy.
Even though desktop computers (that already have been taken to the
cleaners by laptops, which in-turn, are about to being take to the
cleaners, by tablets, etc) are on verge of becoming a small minority,
we're still talking about millions of computers; plus given
Microsoft's and Ubuntu's move toward idiot-proof OS', Fedora actually
has a chance to instead it's user base.

- Gilboa