I want Fedora in my future, but is it possible?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Mar 21 20:26:10 UTC 2013

Am 21.03.2013 21:08, schrieb Nathan McCrina:
> On 03/21/2013 04:05 PM, Richard Vickery wrote:
>>
>> Question: Clouds are insecure, are they not? Any person with the intent,
>> and a Linux computer, has the ability to sniff passwords and other
>> "private" information, doesn't s/he? Isn't this what made us so good
>> before Microsoft came into the picture. Are Clouds not a "cracker's" -
>> as opposed to hackers who do not have criminal intent - haven?
>
> Well, the idea of SSL is that you can capture all the packets you want, but you won't be able to read the
> information in the packets without the key to decrypt it. Or lots of supercomputers and several centuries of free
> time

and how does SSL help you in the case of intrusion at the
cloud-provider? hint: it does NOT

SSL/TSL = TRANSPORT layer security

as long you are only store ENCRYPTED data in the could while
only on your local machine is the private key you are safe

but this will not work with cloud based services because they
can not do much with encrypted data and so if you are feel
scure because SSL you are naive and the target of the cloud-hype