Apache configuration (httpd.conf) on localhost question

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Mar 22 05:39:00 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-03-21 at 17:39 -0400, Max Pyziur wrote:
> The link that should work goes something like this:
> http://localhost/cgi-bin/CGIScript?Variable=/path/to/RelevantFile
>
> However, the /path/to/RelevantFile fails to be seen.
>
> The link that works needs to have the complete path specified from the
> root of the server:
> http://localhost/cgi-bin/CGIScript?Variable=/var/www/html/path/to/RelevantFile

*What* isn't seen?  The expected result, or the script doesn't receive
the path given to it?  I'm guessing the script does see the provided
data, but doesn't do what you want.  Does the script have the docroot
path set in it the same as Apache?

> Any suggestions?

Try simplifying your script to the basics to check input and output.
Look at your server logs (error and access).
Show the list your script...

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686