Fedora 18 security questions.

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Mar 22 08:59:01 UTC 2013

Am 22.03.2013 07:11, schrieb Tim:
> And what does a firewall do to help you?  Acts as a barrier between
> outsiders and services on your computer that can be connected to.  If
> you have no servers listening out for connections, there's little to
> worry about.

aha - and you can be sure you have no open ports
be careful with such attitude

* udp  0.0.0.0:4321   20106/java
* tcp  0.0.0.0:4321   20106/java
* tcp  0.0.0.0:10137  20106/java

guess what - this is from my development IDE

and i saw KDE-pre-releases with a lot of open ports listening
on 0.0.0.0 before the 4.0 version - well now you an tell me all
that should not happen - in case of security we have to face the
truth or we went down