I want Fedora in my future, but is it possible?

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 09:30:49 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 10:05 PM, Richard Vickery
<richard.vickeryrv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>
> wrote:
>>

>> Am 21.03.2013 20:23, schrieb Joe Zeff:
> Question: Clouds are insecure, are they not? Any person with the intent, and
> a Linux computer, has the ability to sniff passwords and other "private"
> information, doesn't s/he? Isn't this what made us so good before Microsoft
> came into the picture. Are Clouds not a "cracker's" - as opposed to hackers
> who do not have criminal intent - haven?

You cannot simply sniff SSL  traffic and man in the middle attack on a
large scale are *very* complex.
The idea behind moving to a cloud provider (Again, I'm not in favor of
moving world+dog to clouds) is many (if not more) of the companies
simply lack the technical skills required to secure their sensitive
information (very true), and that this jobs should be left to the
experts at the cloud provider (which remains to be seen).

- Gilboa