I want Fedora in my future, but is it possible?

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 10:04:27 UTC 2013

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 22.03.2013 10:30, schrieb Gilboa Davara:
>> You cannot simply sniff SSL  traffic and man in the middle attack on a
>> large scale are *very* complex.
>> The idea behind moving to a cloud provider (Again, I'm not in favor of
>> moving world+dog to clouds) is many (if not more) of the companies
>> simply lack the technical skills required to secure their sensitive
>> information (very true), and that this jobs should be left to the
>> experts at the cloud provider (which remains to be seen)
>
> and it is proven over years that all this "experts" are making
> HORRIBLE mistakes, no week where you will not find one of this
> "big experts" in a security newsticker
>
> so, no, outsourcing is not a holy cow which makes all better
> the opposite is the truth

As I said, it remains to be seen.
Than again, in the context of the OP, private clouds (which are being
operated by the the company itself) behave just the same as external
clouds.

> over the long it would be cheaper to invest in get the experts
> inhouse instead pay a rent for maybe-experts and leads to
> operational independence instead vendor-lockins and contracts
> you never get rid easily in the future if you find out it
> was a mistake or only get rid of it with burn down a lot
> of money which you liked to saved by starting the mistakes

Unlike you, I'm not so certain.
The amount of companies I worked with in the past decade (or more)
that didn't maintain basic level of security is mind boggling.