Fedora 18 security questions.

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Mar 22 11:12:10 UTC 2013

Am 22.03.2013 11:52, schrieb Sam Varshavchik:
> Reindl Harald writes:
>
>> Am 22.03.2013 03:39, schrieb Sam Varshavchik:
>> > How many users will see some mysterious unknown executable on their desktop, and automatically execute it?
>>
>> are you really that naive?
>> why do you think it needs to be on the desktop and manually started?
>> ~/.config/autostart/your-damned-code.desktop
>
> When you have some free time, you may want to read the rest of what I wrote, in that message

i did read it

but it does not matter that your attitude "my system is secure
by design" is the first step to fall, no complex system on this
world is immutable and only the users which aware of this will
survive without damage over the long

the next ones after the windows-users which are falling currently
are the naive and ignorant Apple users which still thinks they
are immutable with their OS and the only reason why the linux
users are ahead here is that a majority is using their brain
and because security fixes are pushed very soon, but the security
updates will not help you much in the time-frame before and many
leaks are known by blackhats long before anybody consideres to
fix them