gnome frozen

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 16:06:17 UTC 2013

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 16:56:06 +0100
Patrick Dupre wrote:

> Frozen means, the mouse works but every thing else is frozen: all the
> displays in the top panel,
> no way to graphically interact.
> Do way to move to another workspace. Fortunately Ctl F2 works.
> It usually happens when I change of workspace.
> It way be a graphics issue!

I have a freeze with different symptoms. For me switching to
a console also doesn't work, and the mouse is frozen as well.
But, if I wait a bit (somewhere between 3 minutes and 10 seconds)
it all comes back to life.

This only happens on my system at work, not at home
(both running up to date f18 64 bit). I tend to suspect
the radeon driver since my work system has a radeon card.

There is never any indication in any log files that
anything happened.