Badblocks Fedora 17

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Mar 22 19:00:46 UTC 2013

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 13:59:56 +0000,
   Frank Murphy <frankly3d at gmail.com> wrote:
>I have a swap drive (/dev/sdf 20gb) that is giving some read errors
>during boot-up. What would be most suitable options
>
>badblocks -svwfBX -o /boot/badblocks/sdf.log
>
>from the same pc with swap unmounted.

You might try writing over the bad blocks to see if the drive will allocate
spares for them. If new bad blocks keep showing up you probably want to
replace the drive. If the cost of the new drive is cheap for you might
prefer to replace it now. (Unless you think there may have been a bad write
as the drive was being powered down that is causing the issue you are having.)