I want Fedora in my future, but is it possible?

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 19:44:21 UTC 2013

On 03/22/2013 03:33 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 22.03.2013 20:16, schrieb Temlakos:
>> Still, someone could still crack into such a cluster, and I know some people who will never trust a Cloud, public
>> /or/ private, with their "stuff." This "stuff" would be of a frankly subversive nature
> bullshit
>
> my customers data and privacy is not subversive and if you think
> your customers data are not subversive enough to protect them
> come and say for what company you are working to give everybody
> here the chance to switch to someone who feels repsonsible for
> what he is doing with OTHERS PEOPLE data

I never said that you or anyone else held "subversive" content on your
machine, nor /even/ that "subversive" content would be an inherently
evil thing. I have lately come to the conclusion that a little
"subversive" capability is necessary to securing one's freedom. (Which
means that I would /not/ lay information with the BKA or Interpol even
if I knew the first thing about your business. Which I haven't asked.)

Those people I know, are not members of this list (at least, I don't
think they are). They are, however, members of other lists I am on. If
anyone tells them that The Cloud is coming to gobble up their data and
add it to its own massive data store, with no protection other than a
username and password, they'll no doubt find something in the charter
documents of the United Nations Division of Sustainable Development
("Agenda Twenty-one") to offer as evidence why they would never dare
surrender their data to such an institution.

In sum: I simply wished to point out that certain persons might have
reasons, even more compelling than the simple business reason of
preventing accidental loss of data, to guard jealously the concept of
storing one's own content on one's own machine. Those who might feel
that their governments would accuse them of subversion, would have the
extra security concern of /unauthorized access to data/. Or in this
case, /government seizure of data.

/Temlakos