I want Fedora in my future, but is it possible?

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Fri Mar 22 19:54:26 UTC 2013

On 03/22/2013 12:34 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> and smart people do not want to support vendor-lockins with
> linux clients, but smart people are rare i feel

There's a bit of self selection going on here.  For the most part[1],
people who use Linux are smart enough to have taken the time to inform
themselves of the issues and understand why keeping control of their own
data is safer.

[1]The exception, of course, is those elderly people who run Ubuntu[2]
because a smart relative set them up that way and probably don't know
how to reboot on their own because they never need to.
[2]By far the simplest distro for the non-techie to use, and the one I'd
personally recommend, although I'd probably set them up with something
other than Unity, especially if they have coordination problems.