Anyone that can Recommend a Laser Printer

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Sat Mar 23 03:14:26 UTC 2013

Once upon a time, Tom Horsley <horsley1953 at gmail.com> said:
> Yea, I went back and took a look at the Brother web
> site, and they actually list Linux explicitly as
> a compatible OS in their specs (at least for
> the couple of printers I looked at). That's
> practically a ringing endorsement since it sure
> seems like most linux compatible devices don't
> actually mention linux anywhere even though
> they do work if you try them :-).

One note: some Brother printers don't work without a binary-only driver
downloaded from Brother (that is 32-bit only).

If you want to look at Fedora compatibility out-of-the-box, pull up the
"add new printer" dialog and look at the list.  IIRC you can tell it you
are installing a printer on a parallel port or something like that to
get it to let you to the "select a make/model" phase.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>