I want Fedora in my future, but is it possible?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Mar 23 06:42:37 UTC 2013

Joe Zeff (How do you produce with a browser?):
> Do you expect authors, as an example, to do all their writing in a
> browser?  Do you expect lawyers to compose their briefs and court
> documents in a browser?  How about accountants?  How about programmers,
> graphic artists and musicians?  The question isn't am I serious, but
> have you really given any thought to your position?

In essence, the same way as companies used to use a main frame (and
those who still do must be laughing their asses off at all the problems
companies face who use scads of individual Windows PCs).

However, the average ISP service is too slow for using a cloud as a
straightforward replacement for a mainframe.  Even if your ISP was your
cloud service provider, the lag may be too much.  You'd need a half and
half solution, where the main application is on the cloud, and your
client has an more complicated interface than just remote display and
input.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686