Anyone that can Recommend a Laser Printer

Jim binarynut at comcast.net
Sat Mar 23 16:17:56 UTC 2013

On 03/23/2013 01:24 AM, poma wrote:
> On 23.03.2013 04:04, Fred Smith wrote:
>> I'll assume that their other/newer products would work as well.
>>
> *assume*
> Unfortunately this is an accurate description.
> With CUPS, selecting the right printer has always been risky, too many
> elements constantly changed, side by side with an outdated manufacturers
> drivers.
> An especially with the ever changing Fedora.
> Fairest would be to leave the choice to the OP.
> One I can recommend, the PostScript printer.
>
> If these can help..
> http://www.openprinting.org/printers
> http://www.cups.org/ppd.php
> http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/p_Supported_Printers.php
> http://foo2qpdl.rkkda.com/
> http://splix.ap2c.org/
>
> poma

I totally agree with you Poma this changing of Library files that affect
printing and manf. like Samsung that make one driver for Linux and won't
update their drivers because they don't want to support Linux,because
they don't see Linux as viable on the Desktop, they just can't accept
the reality that Linux is bigger than they think, Linux has total
control over the Internet servers and many large companies.
The problem is there is no real way to gauge how many Linux
installations are out there.

I can say I will never buy another Samsung Printer even tho I agree they
make a very good printer.