Anyone that can Recommend a Laser Printer

Jim binarynut at comcast.net
Sat Mar 23 18:51:41 UTC 2013

>>> http://www.cups.org/ppd.php
>>> http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/p_Supported_Printers.php
>>> http://foo2qpdl.rkkda.com/
>>> http://splix.ap2c.org/
>>>
>>> poma
>>>

>> I totally agree with you Poma this changing of Library files that affect
>> printing and manf. like Samsung that make one driver for Linux and won't
>> update their drivers because they don't want to support Linux,because
>> they don't see Linux as viable on the Desktop, they just can't accept
>> the reality that Linux is bigger than they think, Linux has total
>> control over the Internet servers and many large companies.
>> The problem is there is no real way to gauge how many Linux
>> installations are out there.
>>
>> I can say I will never buy another Samsung Printer even tho I agree they
>> make a very good printer.
> If you meant *color* model at the first place, only those at the top
> offers are worth mentioning, i.e. CLP-[567][5678][058] - the *true*
> PostScript printers, not GDI or similar ones, whatever wire protocol are
> used. But for your budget they are too much, and not only from that
> manufacturer.
> What comes to my mind, you can try with printing from an virtual machine
> on which you current printer work, at least until a better solution can
> be found.
>

> poma

Can Linux be run inside a Virtual OS inside Windows 7,
The two computers I'm having problems with have Window 7 installed on
them, BUT THE THOUGHT OF THAT JUST MAKES ME CRINGE.