Problem with cron

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Mar 23 22:25:48 UTC 2013

Am 23.03.2013 23:19, schrieb Joe Zeff:
> On 03/23/2013 02:57 PM, Michael D. Setzer II wrote:
>> What is showing in the /var/log/cron file?
>>
> Just that I began editing it.  I don't know vi, I don't want to, and I've no idea how to exit except for killing
> the terminal, which I did. I say, "Fi on vi!"

besides the fact that /var/log/cron has nothing to do with vi
so do not use it - what is your problem?

see blow - it's even not installed on production servers
qith around 50 cronjobs, so please stop whining about it

[root at arrakis:~]$ which vi
/usr/bin/which: no vi in (/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin:/scripts)