Anyone that can Recommend a Laser Printer

Fred Erickson fredferickson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 05:32:59 UTC 2013

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 19:51:24 -0400
Jim <binarynut at comcast.net> wrote:

> I'm looking to buy a Laser Printer that will work great in Fedora, in
> the price range of $200 - $400 price range. any recommendations ?
>
> Don't want any more Samsung printers they don't care about Linux
> support.

I have a HP LaserJet-CM1415fnw which is a color laser all-in-one
scanner, printer, copier, fax and was in your price range. Wireless
printing works fine from linux with the hp and cups software. It's not a
speed demon and the paper tray isn't very large so wouldn't be too good
in a busy office.

Before the HP, I had a cheap Samsung, ML1510, if I remember correctly.
It cost about the same as the toner cartridge. Used it with linux till
it died. I believe they had a linux file on their CD but I just used
cups. Haven't tried any new models though.
Fred