touchpad

Dale Dellutri daledellutri at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 11:13:38 UTC 2013

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 6:58 PM, Peter Gueckel <pgueckel at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just plugged in my brand new Logitech Wireless T650 touchpad.
>
> The cursor moves, but I am unable to get any other response: no
> tapping, etc.
>
> I have the xorg synaptics driver and kcm_touchpad installed, but it
> is greyed out and there is no way for me to activate it.
>
> How do I do this?

First, find out what does synclient report?
  $ synclient
Look at FastTaps, TapButton1, 2 and 3.  If any of them are zero, set them:
  $ synclient FastTaps=1 TapButton1=1 TapButton2=2 TapButton3=3
and see if tapping works.  If so, you can add it to
  /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-touchpad.conf

$ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-touchpad.conf
# See:
#   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Input_device_configuration
#   https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Touchpad_Synaptics/10-synaptics.conf_example
# Use