F18: switching workspaces takes 10 seconds

Patrick Lists fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Sun Mar 24 13:59:17 UTC 2013

Hi,

Recently I installed F18 with GNOME on my laptop which has an ATI Radeon
X1300 GPU. Switching workspaces on F17 was pretty much instantaneous.
However with F18 when I switch from workspace 1 to 2 it takes about 10
seconds before workspace 2 appears. Is there something I can do to speed
up this process?

I use the Frippery Bottom Panel extensions so I just click on one of the
configured workspaces (6 total) in the bottom right corner.

Thanks,
Patrick