Anyone that can Recommend a Laser Printer

Mark LaPierre marklapier at aol.com
Sun Mar 24 17:28:22 UTC 2013

On 03/22/2013 07:51 PM, Jim wrote:
> I'm looking to buy a Laser Printer that will work great in Fedora, in
> the price range of $200 - $400 price range. any recommendations ?
>
> Don't want any more Samsung printers they don't care about Linux support.

Hey, don't be so quick to diss on Samsung.  They were among the first
manufacturers to support Linux, even if they don't do it open source.

I've got a Samsung ML-1740 that has worked flawlessly with multiple
flavors of Linux, including several Fedora releases.  About the only
problem I've ever had with it is a cups filter that was installed with
incorrect ownership permissions.  I'm not sure that was Samsung's fault.

I would also recommend that you get and HP printer.  They don't support
Linux at all, but they do support the HPLip project and they also
produce good quality prints.

--
     _
    °v°