F17: How to set up VPN for Android?

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 18:51:33 UTC 2013

On 03/25/2013 01:39 AM, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> On 03/24/2013 12:00 PM, sean darcy wrote:
>> The Fedora wizard on requires a "remote address". I've tried 0.0.0.0,
>> which got an error of:
>
> I'm not aware of any VPN wizard in Fedora.  Specifically what program
> are you running?
>
>> racoon: INFO: unsupported PF_KEY message REGISTER
>>

> As far as I know, racoon and the ipsec-tools package was deprecated in
> favor of openswan.  Since you're setting up a new interface, I'd suggest
> starting with the preferred infrastructure.

I followed the directions in:

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/17/html/Security_Guide/Security_Guide-Encryption-Data_in_Motion.html#sect-Security_Guide-Virtual_Private_Networks_VPNs

I have openswan installed: openswan-2.6.37-3.fc17.x86_64. The docs say
to also install ipsec-tools. The IPSEC wizard is a tab in
system-config-network.

I checked the F18 docs. Same as F17.

So I think I am running the prefered infrastructure. Or is there some
other guide I'm missing?

In any event, has anybody using any vpn package been able to set it up
for a roaming client?

sean