Fedora 17 and exim-pgsql RPM

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Tue Mar 26 11:16:32 UTC 2013

Hi folks

I'm setting up a new server and trying to configure Exim. For the first time
I'm trying to use Postgresql with it, so have installed the exim-pgsql RPM
which silly me thought enabled Postgresql support.

However, I get errors on the

hide pgsql_server=(/tmp/.s.PGSQL_.5432)/exim/exim/<password>

What do I need to do to enable the pgsql support, or can someone at least
point me to a suitable Google search?

[root at vps116 system]# rpm -qa|grep exim
exim-doc-4.73-3.fc17.noarch
exim-greylist-4.76-9.fc17.x86_64
exim-clamav-4.76-9.fc17.x86_64
exim-4.76-9.fc17.x86_64
exim-pgsql-4.76-9.fc17.x86_64
exim-mon-4.76-9.fc17.x86_64
[root at vps116 system]# exim -bV
Exim version 4.76 #1 built 26-Oct-2012 08:51:10
Copyright (c) University of Cambridge, 1995 - 2007
Berkeley DB: Berkeley DB 4.8.30: (April 30, 2012)
Support for: crypteq iconv() IPv6 PAM Perl Expand_dlfunc TCPwrappers OpenSSL
Content_Scanning DKIM Old_Demime
Lookups (built-in): lsearch wildlsearch nwildlsearch iplsearch cdb dbm dbmnz
dnsdb dsearch ldap ldapdn ldapm nis nis0 nisplus passwd sqlite
Authenticators: cram_md5 cyrus_sasl dovecot plaintext spa
Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral manualroute queryprogram redirect
Transports: appendfile/maildir/mailstore/mbx autoreply lmtp pipe smtp
Fixed never_users: 0
Size of off_t: 8
2013-03-26 11:12:02 Exim configuration error in line 41
of /etc/exim/exim.conf:
  main option "pgsql_server" unknown
[root at vps116 system]#

--