undo rm -rf *

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Tue Mar 26 11:37:29 UTC 2013

There are a number of utilities that will attempt this for you.
Google "undelete ext4 linux" assuming your filesystem is ext4.

However, as your system is used the now unallocated space is being re-used
reducing any your chances of success.  Even installing an uninstall utility
will do this, as would switching to single user or shutting down.

Even if you do nothing, the services in the background will be updating the
filestore,

On Tuesday 26 March 2013 11:23:29 Celik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Had a logic error in my bash script and did "rm -rf *" on my current
> working directory. Any tips for undoing such an error?
>
> Regards,

Gary Stainburn
Group I.T. Manager
Ringways Garages