Booting issues

Kinkaid, Kyle kkinkaid at usgs.gov
Tue Mar 26 21:28:06 UTC 2013

I've solved my own problem!

As I dug around the boot up process a little, I found a curious message
about /mnt/usbdisk which was a usb drive I had setup shortly before all the
latest bit happened.  I guess the init process was hanging when it was
trying to mount the usb drive and that was halting the whole process.
After I removed the offending entry from /etc/fstab all boots up normally
now.

Thanks for all those who took the time to read and ponder my message.

-Kyle