undo rm -rf *

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Mar 27 13:55:52 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-03-27 at 14:25 +0530, Rejy M Cyriac wrote:
> Reminded me of another dangerous habit some people get into - exiting
> 'vi/vim' with ':wq!' always.

I've seen similar with the Word word-processor, some users would be
asked to save changes to the document as they quit, and always click on
yes, never thinking that they'd only been reading that particular
document and hadn't purposely made any changes to it.  If there were any
changes, they were accidental (such as leaning on the keys, or some
other user error in operation), and quite likely to have lost something
significant by saving a modified document.

When doing things with computers, you really need to pay attention and
think about what you're doing, it's very easy to make big mistakes that
you can't undo.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686