Creating a server with Fedora 18

Joe Wulf joe_wulf at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 27 22:07:49 UTC 2013

Les,

This is really a wonderful thing you are doing for your friend!  KUDO's to you, Sir!!!

A variation on the recommendation from Reindl Harald, is maybe set up a primary computer for your friend to use, being Fedora, for its useability with a second system running CentOS (which is up to v6.4 these days---very current) to handle the server-side of things.  Assuming he has a large enough screen, then the functionality of Fedora might do the trick as his interface between both hosts (desktop and server).  Another recommendation that would give him a bit more stability in this case, is to ensure all the updates for Fedora are occurring until its end-of-life, then simply turn off the yum updates.  The downside would be no new features, nor updates/patches.  In his case that might be worthwhile!

Wishing you both the best as you go down this road!

R,
-Joe